NVivo Essential Skills
Date: 15 May 2020
Time: 10am - 1pm
Instructor: Patty Doran
This course introduces the most used features of NVivo - a data management tool for qualitative and mixed methods research.
The structure of the training session will be a combination of formal presentation alongside practical application. The most popular uses of NVivo will be presented and discussed. Examples of qualitative research will be presented to showcase how NVivo can be used to manage large amounts of various data. Those attending the training session will have access to a training data set for practical sessions.
The half-day introductory course focuses on types of data, ways of coding, adding attributes and running simple queries.
- To understand the role NVivo can play in organising and managing data.
- To explore basic menu options in NVivo.
- To learn how to import data, carry out coding, apply case attributes and run simple queries to help with analysis of qualitative data.
- To analyse qualitative data in a transparent, rigorous way ensuring research is managed efficiently.
Course participants will learn how to:
- Import and manage various types of data
- Code various types of data
- Create cases and apply classifications and attributes
- Carry out simple data analysis using queries and text searches
Although this is an introductory course some knowledge of basic statistics is needed.