Dynamics of ethnic diversity
This project continues the work done by the ESRC Centre on Dynamics of Diversity (CoDE) to rapidly analyse and disseminate findings on ethnic inequalities in the UK based on data from the 2011 Census.
Evidence from the 2011 census
The first wave of research produced a series of thirteen briefings on housing, health, employment, segregation, national identity, language use and the demographic dynamics of ethnicity in England and Wales. The current work extends our existing analysis and dissemination of findings.
This is covering the following topics.
- The dynamics of ethnicity, segregation and deprivation in Leeds City Region
- National identity and the dynamics of ethnicity in Scotland
- Welsh national identity
- Area deprivation and its impact on ethnic inequalities
- Fluidity of ethnic identities over time
Supporting the dissemination of these briefings is a series of workshops, actively seeking to bring together policy workers in NGOs and the public sector.
The workshops are designed to:
- promote understanding of the evidence in the briefings;
- promote consideration of the briefings;
- promote further use of Census data and other analyses;
- document the responses of those present, anonymously when appropriate.
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation