International Total Survey Error Workshop 2022
31 August - 2 September 2022, Manchester, England.
Hosted by The Cathie Marsh Institute and The Social Statistics Department University of Manchester, United Kingdom.
In addition to traditional TSE topics, we are encouraging contributions on:
- Evaluation of multiple error sources in official statistics
- Total error frameworks for Big Data, social media data and new sources of data
- “Total statistical uncertainty” frameworks for estimates derived from nonprobability data sources
- Errors in data integration processes and integrated data products (including with nonprobability data sources)
- Error frameworks and their use for administrative data products
- Statistical disclosure limitation error, including differential privacy error
- Minimizing total error using ART (adaptive/responsive/tailored) designs and data collection strategies
A tour of Manchester and wine reception and conference dinner
- Abstract submission (please indicate whether you would like to present a paper or a poster): 1 April - 20 July 2022
- Student travel grant submission (abstract and CV): 1 April - 30 June 2022
- Author’s notification: 20 July 2022
- Registration: 1 April - 31 July 2022
- Registrations are now open: register via the University of Manchester's Estore
- Book the conference hotel at Ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street
Manchester is home to the largest airport in England outside of London (airport code MAN). See: https://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/. Since the pandemic, there are less direct flights to the city from North America. Some options are Aer Lingus from New York and Delta from Atlanta. However, there are many connecting flights via cities across Europe, for example: Frankfurt (Lufthansa), Paris (Air France), Dublin (Aer Lingus) and Amsterdam (KLM).
There are also connecting flights to Manchester from London Heathrow (the flight is about 50 minutes). Alternatively, if you fly into a London Airport, you can take the train from London Euston Train Station direct to Manchester Piccadilly Train Station (From Heathrow Airport, you can take the Heathrow Express to Paddington Train Station and a short taxi ride to arrive at London Euston Train Station).
The conference fee (including refreshments and lunches during the workshop, wine reception on the evening of 31 August 2022, guided tour of Manchester and conference dinner on 1 September 2022) is £280 GBP.
Details and Schedule
ITSEW2022 will be held at the Core Technology Facility at the University of Manchester.
- On Day 1 we will start with a primer on Total Survey Error. This primer will review the literature on Total Survey Error and discuss recommended best practices. The primer will be open to all participants of ITSEW. The official workshop will open after lunch and the day will end with a celebration reception.
- On Day 2 following the scientific sessions, we will have a tour of Manchester and Conference Dinner.
- The workshop will end on Day 3 after lunch.
Scientific Programme Committee
Ruben Bach (University of Manheim)
Marcus Berzofsky (RTI International)
Paul Biemer (RTI International)
Silvia Biffignandi (University of Bergamo)
John Eltinge (US Census Bureau)
Alan F. Karr, co-chair (AFK Analytics, LLC)
James Rosenberger (NISS)
Natalie Shlomo (University of Manchester)
Bella Struminskaya (Utrecht University)
The Programme Committee thanks RTI International and Westat for their generous, ongoing financial support of ITSEW.
NISS affiliate members can apply for funds from their affiliate award fund (AAF) through the link here
For further information, please contact the Programme Committee at the Social Statistics Department, University of Manchester, United Kingdom